dr inż. Maciej Trusiak
Curriculum VitaeI had been graduated from the Mechatronics Department Warsaw University of Technology in 2012 with specialization in photonics engineering. In October 2012 I started PhD studies. I had been awarded with PhD in 2017 (cum laude) for dissertation entitled „Processing and analysis of fringe patterns using the Hilbert-Huang transform for full field optical techniques.” I was appointed in the Institute of Micromechanics and Photonics as researcher (2015-216 principal investigator in the National Science Center project) and assistant (2016-2017) and now I am employed as assistant professor (since 2017). I stayed abroad and conducted scientific collaboration in Xi’ian Jiaotong University (China, 2013), Universitat de Valencia (Spain, 2015 and 2017) and Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain, 2016).
- Interferometry and full-field optical measurement
- Contemporary signal/image processing techniques including fringe pattern and diffraction pattern analysis methods for optical metrology (interferograms, specklgrams, moiregrams, structured illumination patterns etc.)
- Empirical mode decomposition and Hilbert transform
- Interference microscopy for phase object examination
- Moiré techniques and self-imaging phenomenon
- Time averaging interferometry for vibration testing
- Lensless microscopy and computational imaging
- Co-author of Springer Nature book chapter and 40 scientific publications in international journal and conference proceedings, including 19 JCR papers
- Prestigious Polish Scholarship START by Foundation for Polish Science for outstanding young scientists 2014 and 2015
- Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education award (scholarship) for outstanding young researchers (2015) and Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education award (scholarship) for outstanding Ph.D. candidates (2014).
- Two Warsaw University of Technology Rector Prizes for scientific accomplishments in years 2012-2013 and 2015-2016, first degree team awards.
- Minister of Science and Higher Education grant award for the laureate of the Diamond Grant Programme for project "Developing the fast adaptive bidimensional empirical mode decomposition method for fringe pattern analysis" (Principal Investigator).
- Scholarship for outstanding Ph.D. candidates funded by the Centre of Advanced Studies, Warsaw University of Technology. (2012-2014, visiting and stationary stipends)
- Principal Investigator of three research projects realized at Institute of Micromechanics and Photonics, Warsaw University of Technology: 2017-2020 Polish National Science Center OPUS Programme Grant number 2017/25/B/ST7/02049 entitled „Numerically advanced phase and amplitude demodulation for optical interference microscopy and tomography,"; 2015-2017 Polish National Science Center PRELUDIUM Programme Grant number UMO-2014/15/N/ST7/04881 entitled „Advancing the Hilbert-Huang transform for optical metrology,"; 2012-2015 Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education Diamond Grant Programme project number 0007/DIA/2012/41 entitled „Developing fast adaptive bidimensional empirical mode decomposition for fringe pattern analysis,”
- Industry implementation: development of the fringe analysis unit for ultra-precise point diffraction interferometer D7 produced by the Estonian company Difrotec, cooperation through the ACTPHAST Project - EU Framework Program 7 led by prof. M. Kujawińska
- Three prizes from Optical Society of America for recognized and dedicated reviewers (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- First degree prize for the laureate of XXI Professor Adam Smolinski Contest for the best Polish master thesis in the field of optoelectronics organized by Polish Electrical Association.
- PhD degree received cum laude, Warsaw 27.06.2017
- "Runner-up" Prize in international contest Young Stress Analyst organized by British Society for Strain Measurement (prize awarded during the International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, Cambridge, 2014)
- III prize in Innowator Mazowsza competition in the category of young innovative researcher (for the best PhD thesis, 2018)
- One plenary and two invited talks on leading international conferences for optical community.
- Principal Investigator in MNiSW and NCN projects,
- Editorial Board member of JPhys Photonics (IOP)
- Secretary with the Commission of Master Degree Studies
- Student internship coordinator in PHotonics Engineering specialization (first degree studies)
- Supervisor and reviewer of Master and Bachelor degree thesis
Phone+48 22 234 86 37
ul. Św. A. Boboli 8